Web Design Statistics You Should Know
So you’re thinking about getting a website for your business, or getting a site redesign. But you’re curious. Is the sales person for your local web design company inflating the numbers when it comes to the importance of responsive web design (making your web site easily viewable on any mobile device) or how the fact that your old site is slow to load could be costing you customers? And what about SEO services? Do you really need them?
If you’re talking to the sales team at Coastal Web Services, you can rest assured that we back up our statements with facts. Here are a few interesting statistics we’ve come across:
- Google is the leading search engine with 64.4% market share in January 2015. –comScore
- 47% of people expect a web page to load in two seconds or less. –Econsultancy
- 40% of people will leave a web site if it takes more than three seconds to load. -Econsultancy
- 40% of people will choose a different search result if the first one is not mobile friendly. –Skillcrush
- Chrome is by far the dominant web browser with 62.5% market share.
- Content marketing generates 3 times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing, but costs 62% less. Hubspot, January 2015
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate. –Search Engine Journal
- 50% of all mobile searches are done with hopes of finding local results, and 61% of those searches result in a purchase. –Search Engine Watch
- 70-80% of searchers ignore the paid ads, and focus only on the organic search results. –Search Engine Land
As you can see, good informative content, combined with SEO services can help you generate more leads that result in a purchase. SEO services help you place higher in the search results, putting your business front and center. And a slow-loading site or site that isn’t mobile friendly can cost you customers.
If you’re ready to take your business to the next level with a new website or website redesign, call Coastal Web Services today at 410-420-9390.